Monday, February 15, 2010

Form To Write Codicil To A Will Can I Write My Own Codicil For My Will?

Can I write my own codicil for my will? - form to write codicil to a will

5 1 / 2 years I paid $ 450 for a lawyer, my simple wish. I want to make deletions and additions to the software and codicil to a form to print. Can I do that, and take a notary to witness my signature and then send a copy to the lawyer who prepared my original intention. I do not want to pay another fee of this magnitude, to attach a codicil, which I have written and delivered. Is the attorney of this document, signed and notarized and attached the origianl in your office to accept. It may be in response to: ButtonUp827@aol.com or here. I will certainly give credit here to get the answer. Thank you, Lynn

5 comments:

johnfarb... said...

I wrote my will with "The Complete Collection Service" Parsons Technology. This program is now 6 years old. The software should be able to make a will in the state where you live.
When your account complicated if you (give orders directly to the heir to a certain way to behave "grave"), you try, you should see a lawyer. On the other hand, if your will be in their simple guidelines, you can add your codicil, and that his attorney has reviewed.
Usually shop on the phone, when I was in need of a lawyer.
You should not original to the charge.

Terry said...

Yes, but you can in advance and wholly replace the original. Most of the software. Just follow the instructions included (usually included) that apply to your state. They tell you when you need a notary to sign as many witnesses and will be registered with the court.

Depending on whether you are a lawyer for other things that can not or will not say which will last used.

Mongo said...

I'm not a fan of online legal forms. Who knows if they are correct. A is too important a codicil. Why not call the lawyer and you feel the cost of the codicil? They are often much less than a will.

wazwondr... said...

The answer to your question is more complicated than it seems. Each state has its own laws regarding wills and codicils, so it received a poor forum for discussion on this topic. In general, you can make a will or codicil (hologram handwrite), then log on and can be valid. When you write, it is necessary for the proper execution and witnesses.

The problem occur when you do not see companies that are not perfect, and good people, the document in the correct order can not be valid, but you never know. If you feel comfortable that your wishes are carried out as desired, it would be better for the lawyer back and pay a little more to ensure that changes are properly implemented.

They seek the advice of an attorneyER in your area.

Good luck!

Beach Saint said...

You should consult your lawyer. In most states, you can prepare your own will and codicil, but that does not mean that your lawyer is required to deal with the file for you.

Post a Comment