Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chance Of Reyes Syndrome Asprin What's The Chance Of Me Getting Reyes Syndrome?

What's the Chance of me Getting Reyes Syndrome? - chance of reyes syndrome asprin

This morning I woke up with a huge head, neck, sour incredibly painful. I read that I have symptoms of influenza. (although a week ago I received a vaccine against H1N1.) So, I'm in bed, not in school. Approximately 40 minutes I decided to take a pain medications. I opted for Excedrin contains 250 mg. Aspirin. Then I read that the use of aspirin for the flu is a major cause of Reye's syndrome. I am very worried and need quick answers. I thought up to receive aspirin in my system. (But it was for 40 min.) Can someone who know anything, please respond quickly. Over time, it could fuel. Even if you all please send a reply. (Oh, and my parents Arn't home) in time. What should I do?

3 comments:

annie42 said...

Aspirin is almost absorbed after 30-45 minutes vomiting can not but lead to. The chances of capturing Reyes is very low ... So take a deep breath, and do not worry. Tell your parents they can inform your doctor, follow his advice, he knows he is in good hands. I, you better hope soon.

TomMD said...

Reye's syndrome is only a danger to children and adolescents, and even then it is very rare. If you are 15-16 years older than you are at low risk of Reyes. Aspirin is not a very safe drug and should be used with caution. If you should take Motrin (ibuprofen) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) give the same effects and fewer problems.

TomMD said...

Reye's syndrome is only a danger to children and adolescents, and even then it is very rare. If you are 15-16 years older than you are at low risk of Reyes. Aspirin is not a very safe drug and should be used with caution. If you should take Motrin (ibuprofen) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) give the same effects and fewer problems.

Post a Comment